The country is covered by the UNESCO Cluster Office in Havana, Cuba.
The Natural Sciences Sector initiatives the Dominican Republic is involved in concern mainly island and coastal-specific issues.
It is also participating in the Regional Action Programme Central America (RAP-CA) for Capacity Building for Natural Disaster Reduction to develop appropriate decision support tools and techniques to implement disaster preventive and mitigation measures, using local knowledge and information modelling tools.
Below you can access the projects that are currently being implemented in the country within the framework of UNESCO’s Natural Sciences Sector.
People, Biodiversity and Ecology
- Biosphere Reserve (WNBRs)
- Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) Sub-Commission for the Caribbean and Adjacent Regions (IOCARIBE)
Sciences Policy and Sustainable Development
- Establishing Science and Technology Parks More
Coasts and Small Islands
- Caribbean Coastal Marine Productivity Program (CARICOMP): sustaining coastal biodiversity benefits and ecosystem services
Natural Disasters Reduction
- Regional Action Programme Central America (RAP-CA) for Capacity Building for Natural Disaster Reduction More