Pas disponible en Français.Disponible en Anglais. Parallel Event to the World Summit on Sustainable Development Organized by UNESCO and the South African Ministry of Education
Monday, 2 September as from 14:00 ; full day Tuesday, 3 September
Summer Place, (located in Zone 1)
1. To take up education at all levels and in all its forms as indispensable for achieving sustainable development
2. To draw political attention at the highest levels to the vital role of education in building a sustainable future
3.To provide an opportunity for those interested in education at the Summit to come together to pave the way for future action, including the WSSD Plan of Implementation
4. To emphasize partnerships and commitments to future action, consistent with the purpose of the Summit
High level governmental participation
The presence of several Heads of State and Government is planned.
Government delegations, UN bodies, all those with access to Zone 1 and NGOs
Civil society involvement
Organized in cooperation with the NGO UNESCO Liaison Committee, which groups 350 professional NGOs competent in the fields of education, science, culture, and communication and accredited to UNESCO. Open to all NGOs with access to Zone 1.
Involvement of business and industry
The presence of a CEO of a multinational company is anticipated.
Launching of new initiatives
- FAO/UNESCO EFA Flagship Programme on Education for Rural People(3 September)
- Using social marketing to address the challenge of communicating the message of sustainability to a mass audience (2 September)·
- Reorienting higher education towards sustainability (3 September)
|ID: 5203 | guest (Lire)||© 2002 - UNESCO - Contact|