|PROGRAMA & PRESUPUESTO|
|Gestión de resultados|
||Final Report of the Director-General's Consultation of the National Commissions for UNESCO of the Asia and the Pacific Region on the Preparation of the Draft Programme and Budget for 2006-2007 (33 C/5)
Participants felt that the 33 C/5 must make an effort to also respond to these new concerns and developments.
it was noted that there have been significant global and regional changes since the adoption of the 31 C/4:
· an increase in terrorism;
· devastating earthquakes and natural disasters;
· more pronounced impact of the HIV/AIDS pandemic;
· new demands for post-conflict reconstruction; and
· the adoption of action plans by two major world summits – Sustainable Development (WSSD) and the Information Society (WSIS).