United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Meetings and Consultations
The Section of National Commissions and Related Networks organizes four main categories of meetings for and with National Commissions, namely:
Regional Statutory Conferences of National Commissions are organized at the regional level every 4 years and hosted by a National Commission. The aim of these meetings is to discuss matters related to National Commissions' life and to strengthen cooperation among themselves.
Director-General's Regional Consultations are convened every two years. On these occasions, the National Commissions make suggestions on the draft Programme and Budget (Draft C/5) for the next biennium and every 6 years, on the draft Medium-Term Strategy (Draft C/4), thereby starting the process of programme elaboration.
For practical reasons, the Statutory Conferences and Regional Consultations are jointly organized, one meeting immediately following another.
The National Commissions also hold Regional Informal Meetings during the sessions of UNESCO's General Conference. They then treat and plan all issues pertaining to the activities of the following years together with UNESCO Sectors and Field Units.
In addition to the above-mentioned, the National Commissions organize or attend various Ad Hoc Information Meetings of regional or inter-regional character in order to discuss specific issues relating to their role. The Coordinating Group of National Commissions also holds its meetings during the sessions of the Executive Board.
For meetings and events of this current biennium, please scroll down, for past events, please visit our Archives
- 29-02-2012 - Meeting of Members of National Commissions attending the 189th session of the Executive Board
- 09-07-2011 - Lugano V: National Commissions for UNESCO - Crossover Topics: Challenges and Opportunities
- 23-02-2011 - The Task Force of National Commissions reviews progress in Eura-Arab Dialogue
- 02-12-2010 - National Commissions require a more structured format for their informal meetings format for their informal meetings
- 03-11-2010 - The support of governments to their National Commissions for UNESCO is crucial, says the Director-General
- 21-04-2010 - “What can National Commissions do for UNESCO in the context of reforms?”
- 18-03-2010 - Lugano IV: a well-appreciated forum for sharing best practices among National Commissions
- 09-02-2010 - The Task Force of National Commissions calls for joint action to promote the Euro-Arab Dialogue
- 05-02-2010 - The Brainstorming Meeting of the Coordinating Group of National Commissions
© UNESCO 1995-2010 - ID: 34282