United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO works to promote the constuction of virtual communities and networks among a wide variety of institutions inside its Member States.
Networks of archives, libraries and information centres offer virtual exchange platforms to connect professionals and provide access to information to private individuals.
Educational institutions such as schools and universities link to one another to form trans-disciplinary networks.
Cultural networks comprised of museums, heritage institutions and world heritage sites also have their particular online communities to share knowledge and exchange information.
- Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet)
- Electronic Network of cultural institutions in Central Asia (Heritage Net)
- International Council of Museums Network (ICOM)
- International information and data exchange Network on youth (INFOYOUTH)
- International Network of UNESCO Chairs in Communications (ORBICOM)
- Internet-based virtual library (MEDLIB)
- Network of Associated Libraries (UNAL)
- Network on Technical and Vocational Education (UNEVOC)
- Regional Information Society Network for Africa (RINAF)
- UNESCO Chairs - UNITWIN Networks
- UNESCO Depository Libraries
- UNESCO Literature and Translation Scholars Network
- UNESCO’s Association of Computer Centres for Exploiting Sustainable Synergy (ACCESS-net).
© UNESCO 1995-2010 - ID: 19328