Summary of the activities
The Second Scientific International Conference “Multilingual education as the basis for preservation of language heritage and cultural diversity of humanity” was held on 12-13 May 2008 in Vladikavkaz (Republic of North Ossetia – Alania, Russian Federation).
The main goal of the conference was to acquaint scientists and cultural activists with UNESCO programs and projects in the field of language and cultural legacy preservation. The results of the actions for the establishment of experimental infantry and multilingual type schools in Republic of North Ossetia-Alania will be introduced to the conference participants.
Representatives of scientific and educational organizations from different North Caucasus regions and other regions of the Russian Federation as well as France have shared the experience and efforts taken to elaborate modern education models aimed at the development of minority languages.
Main conference topics were:
1. Language policy priorities in education.
2. Principles of multicultural education space formation.
3. Application of modern technologies in simultaneous learning of different languages.
4. Multilinguism and comprehensive school subjects.
5. Correlation of national and regional components in the sphere of education.