15th EUROCLIO Professional Development Course 2008: Exploring Identity, Diversity and Values through History Teaching
(Bristol - United Kingdom)
From 31-03-2008 to 06-04-2008
Each year in a different country EUROCLIO, in cooperation with one or more of its European member associations, organizes a major professional training and development course open to history, citizenship and social studies educators from Europe and beyond, on topical themes in history education.
This year, the Conference’s aims are to:
- share the English experience of teaching history in a multi-ethnic society via conference briefings, active workshops, school visits and papers;
- discuss and develop guidelines and present examples of good practice in teaching multi-ethnic history and educating teachers to support the values of inclusion, mutual respect within diverse societies and anti-racist approaches;
- establish discussion, sharing and networking opportunities for history teachers from the UK and different countries and traditions;
- assist EUROCLIO Member Organizations in setting up and implementing national and international initiatives regarding multi-ethnic and multiple perspectives in history teaching.
The programme includes keynote speakers and presentations on "Diversity in Britain Over Time", "Diversity and Its Challenges in Schools", sessions on "the Importance of the Past in the Present: Exploring Identity, Diversity and Values"; a series of workshops, school visits in Bristol and South Gloucestershire, a heritage trail and visits to nationally recognized local museum education centres.
This event is organized by the History Teacher Education Network (HTEN) with the support of The Historical Association and the University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Start date - Local time: 31- 03- 2008
- End date - Local time: 06- 04- 2008
- Event Location : Faculty of Education, University of the West of England