In view of making quality handicrafts known outside their place of origin, UNESCO organizes exhibitions at its Headquarters. The aim is also to help commercialize artisanal products on the international market.
The main exhibitions organized by UNESCO are the following:
- "World Basket-work: tradition and modernity" (UNESCO, France - 14 October-7 November 1991)
- "Recycling Waste: Ingenuity and Creativity" (UNESCO, France - 25 October-15 November 1993)
- Exhibition of the works of the winners of UNESCO Crafts Prize 1990-1995 (UNESCO, France - 5-15 December 1995)
- "Textile Road" (UNESCO, France - 5-25 October 1998)
- "Children’s Toys from Africa" (UNESCO, France - 26 March-6 April 2001)
- Exhibition of the works of the winners of UNESCO Crafts Prize 1996-2001 (UNESCO, France - 29 March-29 May 2001)
- "Khmer Dance and Silk" (UNESCO, France - 19 June-6 July 2001)
- Exhibition of works of UNESCO Crafts Prize winners (Florence, Italy - 20 April-1 May 2002)
- SIAO Pavilion of Creativity (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso - 25 October-3 November 2002)
- "Crafts from the Mediterranean" (UNESCO, France - 24 February-10 March 2004)
- Exhibition of works of UNESCO Crafts Prize winners (Santa Fe, USA - 15-19 July 2004)
- "Andean jewellery" (UNESCO, France - 20-26 April 2006)
- "Andean jewellery" (Foire de Paris, France - 28 April-8 May 2006)
- Exhibition of works of UNESCO Award of Excellence winners from the Caribbean (Foire de Paris, France - 27 April-8 May 2007)
- Exhibitionof works of UNESCO Award of Excellence winners from Asia-Pacific (Maison & Objet Fair, Paris-Nord Villepinte, France - 7-11 September 2007)
Laureates of UNESCO Crafts Prize for Africa also participated in the Maison & Objet Fair (Paris-Nord Villepinte) in September 1992, September 1999 and September 2001.
Thanks to the generous cooperation of Ateliers d'Art de France, organizers of the International Fair "Maison & Objet" (Paris-Nord Villepinte, France), UNESCO had a 24 m² stand where the first UNESCO Crafts Prize winners were invited to exhibit their works, in September 1992, September 1999, September 2001, September 2003 and September 2005. As from September 2007, the Award of Excellence winners are invited to show their creations.