Second International Seminar "City on Two wheels"
(Montevideo, Uruguay - Uruguay)
From 09-11-2007 to 10-11-2007
The principal objective of this two-day seminar is to contribute to the sustainable development of modern transport in Montevideo and the metropolitan area. Promoting the use of the bicycle in daily life for work and pleasure is not only economically viable but is also commercially and ecologically sound in resolving the problems relating to the protection of the environment, traffic congestion and public health in Montevideo.
Themes for discussion:
- How to promote the exchange of information between urban cycling organizations in North and South America and Europe and strengthening networking in South America;
- How to encourage the introduction of bicycles as an alternative means of transport in Montevideo with the support of the local authorities;
- How to present the 2007 results of the seminar to the mass media and bike users in Montevideo and the rest of the country;
- How to accelerate the creation of safe bike lanes in Montevideo.
The meeting is organized by the Urubike association and the Goethe Institute, under the auspices of UNESCO and the Ministry of Housing and Environment, Ministry of Tourism and Sport, and the Municipal Council of Montevideo.
- Start date - Local time: 09- 11- 2007
- End date - Local time: 10- 11- 2007
- Event Location : Montevideo, Uruguay