|The Scientific Program is organized into two forums: Cultural Diversity in a Global World: acknowledgment of cultural plurality and its diverse expressions; Cultural industries and Technological Changes. The first forum will feature a round table, organized by the UNESCO Regional Office in Havana with the participation of experts from Netherlands, Peru, Ecuador and Mexico.
This congress aims at:
- Generating debate and an exchange of ideas on the recognition of the cultural plurality and the diversity of its expressions, the culture of resistance, the cultural processes and development in a globalized world that urgently needs to preserve its cultures.
- Analyzing the role of cultural industries, technological changes and cultural services and products commercialization.
- Encouraging the exchange of ideas and projects to foster human creativity to meet current challenges.
- Investigating common trends and coordinating strategies and projects to foster cultural development through cooperation.
Both forums will feature lectures, special interventions and round tables.
Other related activities will take place from 11 to 13 June:
- the Community Video and Image Contest;
- the International Meeting on Cultural Heritage, Context and Preservation;
- meeting on collaboration and integrating strategies in Caribbean audiovisuals and films;
- special meeting of Cultural Development Observatories of Ibero-America and the “CultureMondo” International Round Table.
The Culture Portal in Latin America and the Caribbean, managed by the Regional Office, will be presented at the CULTUREMONDO International Round Table.
Contact: Gilda Bettancourt