This programme, which is organized in concert with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, offers an excellent opportunity to establish direct contacts with indigenous individuals and organizations around the world and hear first-hand about their needs and priorities. The fellows furthermore provide valuable feedback on the programmes of the Organization and suggest ways of further developing our work.
The 2007 Fellows :
- Binota M. Dhamai, Tripura community Bangladesh
- Ms. Rahamatu Mallam Sali, Mbororo Fulani Pastoralist from Cameroon
- Arthuso L. Malo-ay, Higaonon community Phillipines
- Saara Alakorva, Saami from Finland
- Gulnara Abbasova, the Crimean Tatars community in the Ukraine
The fellows will be at UNESCO from 4 to 15 June and will present their communities and answer questions from UNESCO staff at a round table, which will be organized on Monday, 11 June at 11 am (UNESCO Headquarters, Bonvin Building, Room XVI).
Contact: Marta Jonsdottir