The UNESCO DigiArts Team invites young students and teachers to produce their own digital audio-visual piece “scenes and sounds of my city”. It would be an opportunity for you to express your ideas and reflections on your urban environment or experiences within urban surroundings.
This project will be realized through a running session of the Scenes and Sounds of My City web-based learning application, which is designed for young people (12-18 years old) to collaboratively use creative digital tools in expressing their visions on urban topics.
At the end of the session, the best projects will be selected and presented at the 13th International Symposium of Electronic Art (ISEA2006)- ZeroOne San Jose, a Global Festival of Art on the Edge . A number of young delegates among the participants will also be invited to this festival to transform their digital pieces into physical urban installations in public spaces.
Through participation in this session, young people will have opportunities to:
1) express their ideas, reflections, viewpoints on their own urban environment through creative productions using digital media
2) interact with their young peers from different regions, countries, cultures
3) use ICT resources and creative tools and obtain skills of manipulating different digital and online applications.
The session running from 15 may to 7 July 2006.
How to participate?
The following materials should be submitted to email@example.com by 10 May 2006:
• Registration form
• One project proposal per group of participants
• Short introduction of participants including contact information and photo
More informations about the project: "Scenes and sounds of my city"
Scenes and Sounds of My City web-based learning application
More information about Sustainable Urbanization