Database of Multimedia Ressources for Multi-Language Learning
This database gathers CD Rom and online resources related to the teaching and learning of languages. It focuses on tools supporting literacy and acquisition of local languages . They are available freely to users and target adult learners. It has been launched within the framework of Initiative B@bel and in cooperation with the section for the Promotion of Quality in Education (Education sector).
Preserving language and cultural diversity in education is increasingly supported by educational planners worldwide.
But multilingual educational programs need more pedagogical material which include local content and intercultural understanding.
As the application of information and communication technologies can offer opportunities in education, and can be shared through the Internet, multilingual language learning tools available online can contribute to meet these aspirations and needs.
The launching of the database aims at nurturing language and cultural diversity in education, preventing from isolation of some languages, and protecting endangered languages. It has therefore the following objectives:
- Encourage and support the development and use of pedagogical material for multilingual education.
- Promote distant and multilingual language learning aiming at improving access and quality in education for all.
- Gather ICT-based language learning programmes , particularly those seeking to support literacy and acquisition of local languages. Priority will be given to language resources that are multilingual and available freely to users.
- Put the database online to offer free access to online resources and share experiences related to teaching and learning languages from experiences worldwide.
- Create an evaluation grid with criteria to help in using and creating other resources.
Submit a resource
In order to share experiences in multilingual teaching and learning, please do send us information about a resource you know and/or you have created by by filling the information form.
|Site Web||>> Database of Multimedia Ressources for Multi-Language Learning|
|Photos||>> Visiter la banque de photos|