Small Island Developing States receive IPDC support
Radio station in Jamaica
Thirteen national projects in 11 Small Island Developing States (Barbados, Cape Verde, Dominican Republic, Fiji, Jamaica, Mauritius, Niue, Papua New Guinea, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago) received IPDC financing to the tune of $ 320,000.
The projects span a range of media concerns, such as:
- establishment of community radios stations and multimedia centres,
- training of media professionals,
- digitization of audio-visual archives,
- strengthening of freedom of expression,
- development of a prison radio network, and
- setting-up of an audiovisual training centre at a national university.
At its annual meeting held from 27 to 29 March 2007, the Bureau of the International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC) examined 110 new national and regional proposals for media development projects. 74 projects coming from 59 countries were approved by the Bureau for financing, totalling to $1,867,000.
· Cape Verde
· Dominican Republic
· Papua New Guinea
· Saint Kitts and Nevis
· Trinidad and Tobago
· Small Islands Developing States
· News Archives: 2007
Share this story: