WinIDAMS is a software package for the validation, manipulation and statistical analysis of data, developed by the UNESCO Secretariat in co-operation with experts from various countries. It is distributed free-of-charge upon request.
- modern graphical user interface and on-line Reference Manual,
- possibility to customize the environment for an application,
- facilities for editing/creating data files and data description files,
- interactive data import/export,
- editor for creating/updating files with instructions for program execution,
- viewer for displaying and quick navigation through results,
- advanced text editing facilities,
- facilities for sorting and merging files, data editing, checking of codes and consistencies, correcting, listing, subsetting, aggregating, merging and transforming data, including construction of new variables,
- wide range of data analysis techniques such as: table building, regression analysis, one-way analysis of variance, discriminant analysis, cluster analysis, principal components factor analysis and analysis of correspondences, partial order scoring, rank ordering of alternatives, segmentation and iterative typology,
- interactive components for construction of multidimensional tables and their graphical presentation, for graphical exploration of data and for times series analysis.