The first JourNet international conference on Professional Education for the Media took place in Newcastle, Australia, on 16-20 February 2004.
- Learning the media professions
- What do prospective media practitioners need to know about those professions and how best should they learn those things?
- Learning the media context
- What do media practitioners need to know about the social, political, economic, legal and cultural contexts in which they will work, and how should they learn those things?
- Concepts of professional education
- What approaches to course design and learning – in both universities and industry training centres – best meet the needs of professional practice?
- Media professionals
- Media managers
- Media educators
- Policy makers
- Equipment suppliers
- Software and hardware specialists