JourNet is a global network of journalism and media schools, including both universities and other professional training centres.
Its mission is to:
Its membership is open to:
- expand & improve journalism & media practice worldwide through better professional education;
- link universities and other training centres preparing people to work professionally in journalism and media; and
- make innovative use of information technology, including the Internet.
JourNet is multilingual and multicultural. It operates initially in English and French. It posts members' contributions in their original language.
- training centres and universities providing professional education in journalism and media;
- associations of journalists, other media practitioners and media educators; and
- media organisations that share UNESCO's ideals of free expression, democracy, social responsibility & professional excellence in journalism and media practice.
JourNet is governed by its members. The members meet in General Assembly every two years. Between General Assembly meetings, an elected six-member Steering Committee is responsible for policy. The Network Coordinator looks after the day to day management of the network.